Software requirement is the key part in software development cycle
The more detail you collect from the clients,
less you have to work on re-design, re-code, re-test & support.
Client has a different point of view about software solution &
the success of project depends on how better we match client point of view.
Recently I had a chat with a retail store owner who want to computerize
his sales, purchase, billing & stock.
When I asked him about his point of view for
the software solution he told me that :
- My point of sale time will be reduced.
When I discussed this further,
After a long chat of around 2 and half hours,
I found his actual point of view or
we can say his expectation from the software solution as:
- I don't want to physically look the price of each item &
calculate total bill manually during the sales, system should do the same.
- I will get the automated daily sale report in the evening before I close the store.
- VAT will be automatically calculated by the system,
I don't have to do that manually.
- I can see my stock at any point of time.
- The system should tell me category wise daily sale of the goods.
- The system should alert me about low stock of items.
& most important
- I WANT VERY GOOD AFTER SALE SERVICE & SUPPORT
Now the client has started thinking his life with the software solution and he want the work to be done as fast as possible.